Drinking Milk Allergy

Drinking Milk Allergy

Drinking Milk Allergy

Drinking Milk Allergy - Food allergies are quite often experienced by children, especially if there is a history of allergies in his family. If your child shows symptoms such as itching, swollen lips, and abdominal pain after eating certain foods or drinks, it could be an allergic symptom. Milk can be one of the causes of allergies in children.

Milk is one of the nutritional supplement sources for the little one. However, Little One does not necessarily match ordinary cow's milk. Can be known if the child shows symptoms of allergies after drinking milk.

Milk Allergy Symptoms

Milk allergy is a condition where the body's resistance (antibodies) which should attack infections that enter the body, instead strike the protein in milk. Happens because antibodies assume milk protein can harm the body, so it reacts to fight it.

Milk protein consists of casein and whey. The little one can experience an allergy to one protein or even both. However, the type of milk protein that most often causes allergies is beta-casein A1 protein (protein A1).

Milk allergic reactions will cause histamine release which can cause symptoms such as:

  • Red rash or itching on the skin.
  • Eyes itchy, runny and swollen.
  • A runny nose.
  • Swelling of the lips tongue.
  • Stomach ache.
  • Nausea.
  • Gag.
  • The throat feels itchy.
  • A cough.
  • Wheezing.
  • Hard to breathe.
  • Swelling of the lips tongue.
Drinking Milk Allergy - Milk allergic reactions in each child can vary, but the most worrying is a severe allergic reaction called anaphylaxis (anaphylactic shock). Anaphylactic shock starts with mild symptoms and gets worse. The little one who experiences anaphylactic shock will feel shortness of breath, weakness, even fainting. If not treated immediately, anaphylactic shock can be life-threatening.

If your child shows symptoms of allergies after drinking milk, stop giving milk and immediately see a pediatrician.
Milk is Right for Your Little One with Allergies

Until now, there is no cure for milk allergy. However, allergy symptoms can prevent by avoiding foods or drinks that contain milk. In Includes yogurt, butter, cheese, and ice cream. Also avoid dairy products from other animals, such as goat's milk or sheep's milk. The protein in milk is similar to cow's milk protein.

If your child is allergic to cow's milk, or somewhat allergic to protein A1 in milk, that doesn't mean he can't drink milk at all. You can give your little milk vegetable milk, such as soy milk, almond milk, hazelnut milk, and cashew milk. Vegetable milk is more convenient for people with lactose intolerance or milk allergies because it is lactose-free, cholesterol free, and low in calories. Give Your Little One fortified vegetable milk (added other nutrients), so that the nutritional needs still met.

Another alternative is to give hypoallergenic formula milk. Hypoallergenic milk is relatively safe for people with milk allergy because it is produced using enzymes to break down milk protein, so it does not trigger an allergic reaction.

Also, milk is currently available from A2 cattle specially formulated for children who have incompatibility with ordinary cow's milk. A2 milk comes from individual cows that produce milk with a protein content that rarely causes allergic reactions.

Some studies show that milk from cow A2 has been proven to be more digestible and less risky for triggering allergies, especially those related to digestive problems. Indigestion in the form of flatulence, abdominal pain, soft stool texture, and frequency of frequent bowel movements, can subside after consuming milk from cattle A2.

A small percentage of children with milk allergies still experience digestive problems or allergic symptoms, even though they have consumed this type of milk. Nevertheless, A2 cow's milk is considered to be better than ordinary cow's milk, because it creates a more comfortable effect on digestion.

If your child is big enough, you can teach him to avoid foods and drinks that trigger allergies. However, if the Little One is still small, Mother must be more selective in choosing food and beverages for her consumption. Be careful in reading the packaging labels of food or beverage products, before being given to children.
Share This :
Jika Ada Saran, Masukan, Kritikan Jangan Sungkan Berkomentar atau Hubungi Kami Di Halaman Contact Us

Terima Kasih Sudah Berkunjung :)